Friday, June 12, 2015

But soft, what light through yonder window breaks?

“To speak technically photography is the art of writing with light. But if I want to think about it more philosophically, I can say that photography is the art of writing with time.” 
Gerardo Suter (1957-present, photographer)

Photographer: Abbie Mansel
 
In photography light is the most important thing, it makes or breaks a shot. Bad light equals bad pictures. I like this quote because I see photography as a snap shot of a second of time. Which is beautiful with in itself.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful photo! One step either to the left or right would have changed the angle of lighting and the photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite pictures I have taken.

      Delete
  2. Magnificent quote. It brings what you are trying to say through your work art together. It also makes the reader of your blog appreciate your photography more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so too. I love working with light in my photography.

      Delete
  3. Magnificent quote. It brings what you are trying to say through your work art together. It also makes the reader of your blog appreciate your photography more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the quote and the photo. I get lost in pinterest looking at photos an imagining what is going on in the area. This is one of those photos. I love it. Did you take it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did. i took on the KU campus. I have taken all the pictures on my blog.

      Delete
  5. This was a great photo to showcase your piece about art! I have to say lighting is important, even when taking selfies! LOL! But yes I feel like photographers really have to work with lighting, amongst other things, to really express the emotion they want people to see when looking at a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Light is always good with selfies! I am guilty of taking a lot of selfies.

      Delete
  6. Lighting is one of the hardest thing a photographer has to work with starting out but once they figure it out, it's so much fun to play with. The same setting can look entirely different depending upon the lighting.

    ReplyDelete