Monday, June 22, 2015

A Rose by Any Other Name





That’s what photography does. It’s very related to poetry. It’s suggestive and fragmentary & unsatisfying in a lot of ways. It’s the art of limitation. Framing the world. It’s as much about what you leave out as what you put in. With photography you have one little moment and you allow everyone else to fill it in.
—  Alec Soth
Photographer: Abbie Mansel
 
This is one of my favorite photos I have taken. Just because its simple, but still provokes a feeling. Seeing the beauty of just one flower can make you feel something, it is just amazing.

3 comments:

  1. I agree with the quote that photography is related to poetry. I am a poet myself and perform spoken word. There has been many times where I have written a piece from looking photography. It creates a new setting for the mind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! I always have been interesting in poetry not very good at it myself. Visual arts are more my thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To me flowers in a picture can elicit so much emotion in the way that they are shot. Nothing else portrays such pure and vibrant colors, and such blossoming life.

    ReplyDelete